The power electronics converters have wide range of application. These have an edge over other types of controllers in respect to following aspects:
- Efficiency: The power electronics converters have very high efficiency. It has low loss in power semiconductor device. Sometimes its efficiency becomes almost 99%. Therefore, results in low loss in controller circuit.
- Reliability: It has very high reliability. The probability of its failure is very much low and life is longer in case of power electronic controllers as compared to their counterparts.
- Flexibility: It is very much flexible in operation.
- Long Lifetime: Power electronics converter has long life, as it has not any moving parts.
- Compactness: Power electronic controllers are lighter in weight and occupy less space.
- Ease and speed: It is very easy to compare a controller with another one. Moreover automatic controls with complicated sophisticated control strategies are easily accomplished. It has first dynamic response compared to electromechanical converter system.
In case of its large advantage, it has various applications in many sector. Like-
- Cooling and Heating
- Power Supplies
- Power System
- Speed Control
Besides, it has vast usage in our regular electronics.
B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET)